If this is narcissism, that little greek beech was on to something.
Hello!!!!! Okay dearest reader I am in high spirits today. (Maybe you can tell that I finally finished Bridgerton) Well at first season 2 wasn’t my cuppa tea (still isn’t truly) but I have this silly British accent so yes that show still has me in a chokehold. So borrowing from tape 6, we are the main characters in our own stories. Just like the Bridgerton siblings. (Honest to God I hope we get one for the mum and dad. He sounds like such a splendid man who loved his wife and I believe that only men who love(d) should be written about).
What is narcissism?
You know, I believe that westernization of indigenous stories have depleted the material greatly. Lost in translation and whitewashing if you will. If you know the true story of narcissus (can we be friends?) you’re a real one.
Narcissism is something I would like to define as holding ones self dearly. Holding your life, image et al for admiration and necessary scrutiny. So then, why is it frowned upon? (The communist in me wants to say the government).
I think because human beings do not have a habit of reacting well to other people thinking themselves worthy. It’s faux humility imo. You see someone with a lot of charisma and you feel “who does she think she is” LMAO I am Clarababy a gorgeous girl, who are you?
I do not know how many of us have a mirror habit. I discovered it when I was 16. My then boyfriend would tease me that he would fill our house with mirrors because I loved to look at myself. I believed myself a refreshing beauty. (I do even more now but I had a little crash in with body dismorphia)
You see the thing is, if you don’t hold yourself seriously no one will. You cannot bank on the goodness of people to do things you are supposed to do for yourself. You are worth every ounce of attention you place on yourself. I mean this in respect to self esteem, physical appearance, personality, mental health, environment, romantic relationships et al.
Here are some areas I think focus should be apportioned.
- Behold yourself in the mirror at least three times a week
- Buy yourself gifts
- Evaluate your life. Where you’ve been, where you are and where you’re going to
- Walk away from people who don’t take you seriously
- Make positive comments about your body for it is the vessel in which you partake in the human race. Do not disrespect it. Take care of it because when you care for things they stay tender and they last
- Surrender into listening to your intuition. Your body and mind know. They know so listen to them
- Carefully curate your space. Kindly let people out that make you feel inadequate or too hot
- Consume media that suits you as a person
- Dream up a life that you can call your own then live in it
- Hold yourself accountable for your choices
Finally dearest reader, remember that you are the bag. Secure yourself and the chips will fall where they may. Whatever dies in the process of you holding your life in your hands, let it die and secure burial jollof. And remember gorgeous girl, the world is at your feet, act like it. Muah